So, in this article we are going to explore a few things about our home planet, Earth. We live on the Earth. Earth has water, air, and land on it.
The greater portion on the Earth is water and the rest is land. The model of the Earth is called a Globe.
So Let us explore our planet Earth and read a few interesting facts about this beautiful planet.
Earth is which number planet from the Sun?
Earth is the third planet from the Sun. It is the only planet which have life. Earth is an inner planet.
How many moons does Earth have?
Earth has only one moon.
Does this planet have clouds around it?
About 67% of the Earth’s surface is covered by clouds.
Does this planet have rings?
No, it does not have rings.
Is this planet made up mostly of gases or rocks?
The earth is made up of three different layers:
Where is water found on the Earth?
The water on the Earth is found in rivers, lakes, oceans, seas, ponds, wells etc.
Interesting facts about planet Earth:
- Earth is not flat, but its not perfectly round either.
- The planet moves around the sun.
- 70% of the Earth’s surface is covered in water.
- Earth is mostly Iron, Oxygen and Silicon.
- It has a powerful magnetic field.
- It is the only planet not named after a God.
- The Earth is the densest planet in the Solar System. The reason for this high density is the apparent collision, over four billion years ago, of a proto-Earth and a hypothetical Mars-sized planet named Theia.
- Earth is the only known planet that supports life.
- Earth is known as the ‘Blue Planet’ because it looks blue from outer space.
- .The Earth’s rotation is gradually slowing.
When do we celebrate earth day?
We celebrate Earth day globally on April 22nd every year.
Why do we celebrate Earth day?
We celebrate Earth day to raise awareness of the environmental issues, educating people about the conservation and protection of Earth, Global Warming, and Climate Change.
Who founded Earth day?
Earth day was founded by Senator Gaylord Nelson in 1970.
How do we celebrate Earth day?
On this day, many functions and outdoor performances are being organized.
People plant trees and pick up roadside trash and garbage.
People clean the roads and markets and make the environment clean and beautiful.
In schools, students and teachers perform many art and craft activities related to Earth.
Students learn poems and essays on Earth and give speech.
I hope the students will be benefited from the above article, Let us explore our planet Earth.