Apache NiFi Best Standards and Other Tips
In this article I am going to show you Apache NiFi Best Practices. These best practices will save you tons of time during the development or maintenance of NiFi. If you have any query after reading this article then please write in comments section.
01 >> Never store any flow at the Root Level. This is the first Rule. Always use Process Groups to organize your flow. Things are really going to get messier once you start developing everything at the root level.
02 >> Use Labels to describe your flow. Like a Programmer uses comments in order to make it easier for other programmers to understand the code, similarly a Data Flow Manager should use Labels in Apache NiFi to describe the Flows.
Remember, Once you start developing 100s of flows, it is going to be very difficult for you to remember everything without organizing the flows and labeling it. This can save a lot of time during troubleshooting an issue.
03 >> Recent version of Apache NiFi software also has the feature of changing color of individual Processors. Use color codes to do logical segregation.
04>> Arrows which are used to show connection or relationship between one processor to another can be better organized. All you have to do is, double click anywhere on the arrow, and an yellow marker will appear. You can drag this marker to align the lines.
05>> Always Provide a custom name to all the Process Groups, Processors, Queues, Input and Output Port. This makes it very easy to understand and grasp the logical data flow.
06>> Naming a process also going to help you, when you’re performing a global search and trying to find a component to fix a production issue quickly. Otherwise, If you search with a processor, you will find multiple entries and it is going to be highly difficult and time consuming to find the right processor.
07>> Flow file attributes are displayed in an alphabetically sorted order. So if you want all your custom attributes to see together, you may use a prefix such as cust_attr_<<name>>
08>> Avoid hard-coded values. Wherever possible use parameters or flow file attributes. Make general flow, which can be saved as templates and re-used. Invest your time in identifying the things which can be generalized and re-used.
09>> When in doubt always follow Apache NiFi official documentations.
If you are a beginner and want to learn about Apache NiFi then do follow our Videos and Apache NiFi Blogs.
Thank you for reading Apache NiFi Best Practices. I hope you learned something new and important in this article. Do not forget to write thanks in the comment if it was helpful.
Get any of the courses at very special price. Offer is available only for limited time, so enroll quickly.
Apache NiFi – Beginners to Advance Guide: https://itpanther.com/apachenifi
Apache NiFi – Admin Guide – Know Clustering and Other Advance Topics: https://itpanther.com/apachenifiadmin
Liferay – Create Your Website Without The Need to Code: https://itpanther.com/liferay
Grafana – Learn to do Analytics with Grafana: https://itpanther.com/grafana
Redis – Learn World’s Fastest Database: https://itpanther.com/redis
BMC Control-M for Beginners: https://itpanther.com/controlm
- Installing Apache NiFi Cluster on LinuxInstalling Apache NiFi Cluster on Linux is pretty straightforward to be honest. If you follow the steps mentioned in …
- Installing NiFi Cluster on Windows ServerIn this article I am going to show you steps for Installing NiFi Cluster on Windows Server. Please follow …
- Apache NiFi Cluster in DetailWhat’s a cluster? To learn about Apache NiFi Cluster in Detail first you should understand about cluster. A cluster …
- Splitting Large Files to Smaller Files in NiFiSplitting Large Files With Nifi is quite easy when you know the right approach to do that. In this …
- Apache NiFi Best PracticesApache NiFi Best Standards and Other Tips In this article I am going to show you Apache NiFi Best …
- Apache NiFi ExecuteStreamCommand ProcessorNiFi’s ExecuteStreamCommand Processor executes an external command (can be a shell script, python script or java script etc) on …
- What is Apache NiFi?Get Apache NiFi Course at Special Price So you are a beginner and have no idea about what is …