In this Redis Tutorials For Beginners you will learn Redis step by step. Redis is currently fastest caching database available in the world. Refer to official documents to know the latest version of Redis at the time when you are reading this article.
Redis features – Redis Tutorials for beginners
- Redis is currently World’s fastest and most Loved Database.
- It has more than 1 Billion downloads on Docker. It is the first database to reach this milestone.
- Redis is an Open Source (BSD Licensed) Database.
- It is an In-Memory Database
- Redis Supports various data structures such as strings, hashes, lists, sets, sorted sets with range queries, bitmaps, hyperloglogs, geospatial indexes with radius queries and streams.
- It has Built-In Replication.
- Redis has various levels of On-Disk Replication.
- It Supports High Availability
- Redis Provides Automatic Partitioning with Redis Clustering Feature
>> Enough of this, I just want to get my hands dirty with Redis. >> What do I do now? Shall I install it First?
Well, Not really!!! You need not to install it to get started, Redis has free to try cloud interface. Just click here and start exploring.
Redis is Easy, If you want to write a key-value pair. Use below command:
SET <<key name>> <<value>>
SET my_website_name “www.itpanther.com”
You get “OK” in reply, that’s Redis way of saying that it has executed your command successfully. So now how do you know whether Redis has really written the key-value pair you requested? Well use below command to read the data.
GET <<key name>> <<value>>
You get value of the requested key in reply. Which means Redis is working and you are successfully able to write and read data from Redis.
I believe that’s enough for your first Lesson. Continue reading more on Redis. If you have any questions then please write to me in the comment box. I will be more than happy to answer your queries. Thank you for reading until now.
Please also consider subscribing to my Youtube Channel.
- Redis Cluster InstallationRedis Cluster provides a way to run a Redis installation where data is automatically sharded across multiple Redis nodes. In this article, I …
- Redis Sets Datatype and CommandsRedis SADD – Creating and Adding Members to Redis Sets. sadd users_ip 10.0.0.1 sadd users_ip 10.0.0.2 10.0.0.3 192.168.0 Redis SCARD – Checking …
- Redis TransactionsIn this article you are going to learn about Redis Transactions. It is useful when you either want to perform all the …
- Installing Redis on WindowsIn this article I will guide you step by step on Installing Redis on Windows. Do remember that Redis is not an …
- What is the fastest way to insert bulk data to Redis?So, you want to insert bulk data to Redis and is really not having any clue that which is the fastest way …
Get any of the courses at a very special price. The offer is available only for a limited time.