In this article I will guide you step by step on Installing Redis on Windows. Do remember that Redis is not an officially supported Operating System. I do not recommend running any production workload on Redis with Windows.
Officially, Redis is not supported on Windows.
You can download Redis 3.2 from here
Installation of Rediw on a Windows Operating System is pretty straight forward:
- Download the software
- Extract the downloaded Software
- Double click on redis-server to start redis
If you face any problem in installing Redis on windows then please watch this video which shows step by step installation. Additionally, you can always write to me in the comment box below if you face any challenges during the installation. I will be more than happy to answer any query you have.
Do subscribe to my Youtube channel for more amazing content on Redis.
I am not going to over explain this as Redis documentation itself is excellent in explaining all of these concepts. Since now you have Redis setup on your computer, let’s start learning more about how we can connect to Redis.
Here are More Redis Topics you would be interesting in.
- Redis Cluster InstallationRedis Cluster provides a way to run a Redis installation where data is automatically sharded across multiple Redis nodes. In this article, I am going to share steps of Redis Cluster Installation. Redis Cluster also provides some degree of availability during partitions. That is in practical terms the ability to continue the operations when some nodes fail …
- Redis Sets Datatype and CommandsRedis SADD – Creating and Adding Members to Redis Sets. sadd users_ip 10.0.0.1 sadd users_ip 10.0.0.2 10.0.0.3 192.168.0 Redis SCARD – Checking total numbers of members available in a list also known as checking cardinality. scard users_ip Redis SMEMBERS – Checking Total Numbers of Members in a set: smembers users_ip Redis SDIFF – Checking Members …
- Redis TransactionsIn this article you are going to learn about Redis Transactions. It is useful when you either want to perform all the transactions or you want to rollback everything. This feature is almost present in all the databases. Below Commands are the basic building blocks of Redis Transactions. DISCARD EXEC MULTI UNWATCH WATCH What are …
- Installing Redis on WindowsIn this article I will guide you step by step on Installing Redis on Windows. Do remember that Redis is not an officially supported Operating System. I do not recommend running any production workload on Redis with Windows. Officially, Redis is not supported on Windows. You can download Redis 3.2 from here Installation of Rediw …
- What is the fastest way to insert bulk data to Redis?So, you want to insert bulk data to Redis and is really not having any clue that which is the fastest way to insert bulk data to Redis. Continue reading this article as the mystery is going to get unfolded here. So you must be wondering by now, What’s the fastest method to load data …
What is the fastest way to insert bulk data to Redis? Read More »
Comments are closed.