In this article I am going to show you steps for Upgrading from Grafana 6 to Grafana 7. We will be installing Latest version of Grafana RPM on top of existing version (6) , in order to Upgrade Grafana. In this example we are using Linux (Centos) operating system.
Table of Contents
Download Grafana Latest Version
First step is to install latest version of Grafana. Based on whenever you are reading this article latest version of Grafana may be different. You can always refer to latest version of Grafana from official Grafana website. In this example my operating system already has access to internet, so I am going to run wget command to download Grafana RPM.
Installing Grafana 7
If you already have older version of Grafana installed then running higher version of Grafana on top of that results in the Upgrade of Grafana. So all you have to do is to start installation of latest version of Grafana as shown below.
sudo yum install grafana-7.0.1-1.x86_64.rpm
Backup Grafana Database before upgrade
Ensure to backup everything before proceeding with the Upgrade:
Backup the database. If you’re using SQLite Db then the Default Location would be as below:
[grafanaadmin@itpanther02 ~]$ ll /var/lib/grafana/
-rw-r--r--. 1 grafana grafana 471040 May 12 19:09 grafana.db
Backup the database. If you’re using MySQL Db then you can take the backup using below command, alternatively you can request your DBA team to do this for you.
Syntax: mysqldump -u <<username>> -h <<server hostname/ip>> -p<<password>> <<database name>> > <<output location>>
Example: mysqldump -u grafana -h localhost -pGrafana@2020 grafanadb > /home/grafanaadmin/grafana.sql
Read More on Grafana
If you liked this article about Upgrading from Grafana 6 to Grafana 7 then you may also like other Grafana articles as shown below:
- Embedding Grafana in a websiteIntroduction of Embedding Grafana in a website Embedding grafana in a website is pretty simple if you want to embed Grafana Panels using Iframe. Often there are times when …
- Monitor Docker Using Telegraf and GrafanaIn this article I am going to show you how you can Monitor Docker Using Telegraf and Grafana. Let us begin with a quick official intro about what is …
- Grafana Email Alerts and Change Default TemplateIn this article I am going to show you how you can configure Grafana Email Alerts and Change Default Template. Please notice that in this article we have install …
- Grafana and Telegram IntegrationIf you want to integrate Grafana and Telegram so that Grafana alerts can be received in any of the Telegram groups then this article is for you. In this …
- Installing InfluxDb and TelegrafIn this article I will show you steps for Installing InfluxDb and Telegraf. If there is any query please write in the comment box and I will be happy …
Get any of the courses at a very special price. The offer is available only for a limited time.