In this article I am going to show you steps for Upgrading from Grafana 6 to Grafana 7. We will be installing Latest version of Grafana RPM on top of existing version (6) , in order to Upgrade Grafana. In this example we are using Linux (Centos) operating system.
Download Grafana Latest Version
First step is to install latest version of Grafana. Based on whenever you are reading this article latest version of Grafana may be different. You can always refer to latest version of Grafana from official Grafana website. In this example my operating system already has access to internet, so I am going to run wget command to download Grafana RPM.
Installing Grafana 7
If you already have older version of Grafana installed then running higher version of Grafana on top of that results in the Upgrade of Grafana. So all you have to do is to start installation of latest version of Grafana as shown below.
sudo yum install grafana-7.0.1-1.x86_64.rpm
Backup Grafana Database before upgrade
Ensure to backup everything before proceeding with the Upgrade:
Backup the database. If you’re using SQLite Db then the Default Location would be as below:
[grafanaadmin@itpanther02 ~]$ ll /var/lib/grafana/
-rw-r--r--. 1 grafana grafana 471040 May 12 19:09 grafana.db
Backup the database. If you’re using MySQL Db then you can take the backup using below command, alternatively you can request your DBA team to do this for you.
Syntax: mysqldump -u <<username>> -h <<server hostname/ip>> -p<<password>> <<database name>> > <<output location>>
Example: mysqldump -u grafana -h localhost -pGrafana@2020 grafanadb > /home/grafanaadmin/grafana.sql
Read More on Grafana
If you liked this article about Upgrading from Grafana 6 to Grafana 7 then you may also like other Grafana articles as shown below:
- Grafana and Telegram IntegrationSending Alerts from Grafana to Telegram is very popular method. Let’s learn the integration by following step by step approach. First thing you need is a Telegram bot to …
- Installing InfluxDb and TelegrafIn this article I will show you steps for Installing InfluxDb and Telegraf. If there is any query please write in the comment box and I will be happy …
- Upgrading from Grafana 6 to Grafana 7In this article I am going to show you steps for Upgrading from Grafana 6 to Grafana 7. We will be installing Latest version of Grafana RPM on top …
- Changing Grafana Database to MySQLIn this article you are going to learn steps for changing Grafana Database To Mysql. We will begin with learning to install Mysql database first. Post Mysql database is …
- Installing Grafana on WindowsIn this article I will show you all the steps required for Installing Grafana on Windows Operating System. After reading this article if you still have any query then …
Get any of the courses at very special price. Offer is available only for limited time, so enroll quickly.
Apache NiFi – Beginners to Advance Guide: https://itpanther.com/apachenifi
Apache NiFi – Admin Guide – Know Clustering and Other Advance Topics: https://itpanther.com/apachenifiadmin
Liferay – Create Your Website Without The Need to Code: https://itpanther.com/liferay
Grafana – Learn to do Analytics with Grafana: https://itpanther.com/grafana
Redis – Learn World’s Fastest Database: https://itpanther.com/redis
BMC Control-M for Beginners: https://itpanther.com/controlm